All Change at Rugeley Leisure Centre
Published: 15 January 2020
It brings the total investment in leisure centres in Cannock Chase to more than £1.5M following the redevelopment of Chase Leisure Centre in early 2019.
Both Rugeley and Chase Leisure Centre are managed by Inspiring healthy lifestyles on behalf of Cannock Chase District Council.
Managing Director of Inspiring healthy lifestyles, Pete Burt said: “This latest development sees first-class leisure and fitness facilities being delivered at Rugeley Leisure Centre and furthers our aim to help our customers live healthy and happy lives in a leisure environment that is friendly and inclusive.”
Councillor Christine Mitchell, Portfolio Leader for Culture and Sport said: “We are excited to have yet another newly refurbished leisure facility in Cannock Chase District.
“The new gym at Rugeley Leisure Centre is a wonderful addition following the completion of the development last year at Chase Leisure Centre. Our leisure centres truly are state-of-the-art leisure facilities for every body of any ability.”
In 2019 Rugeley Leisure Centre also celebrated a hat-trick of accreditations having received Excellent in Quest UK Quality Scheme for Sport and Leisure and IFI (Inclusive Fitness Initiative) Mark, and Swim England Learn to Swim Provider Accreditation.
The new gym opened on Saturday and is packed with the latest Technogym equipment including:
· SKILLBIKE - A road bike built for the gym. Links to Strava, Garmin and Zwift so you can follow real routes and train for a future race or beat an old time trial.
· SKILLROW - An indoor rowing experience like no other. It’s like your oars are hitting the water!
· SKILLMILL - Less treadmill more like running on the road but without the bad weather.
· A new Tanita machine has been installed to give members fast, accurate body composition results. Customers can check their weight, body fat and BMI to help achieve their goals.
· Customers can also track their workouts and make sure they’re heading in the right direction with MYWELLNESS - a cloud-based fitness tracker. Connect to the machine you’re working out on, track your progress and reach your goals. You can also track your exercise outside of the gym environment.
· There's also a SkiErg – a Nordic Skiing machine to challenge your strength and endurance - as well as an AirBike to ensure you’re working your full upper body as well as your legs.
· The new gym is complimented by new weights and a new plate loaded chest press.
Rugeley Leisure Centre is open as usual and welcoming new members. Sign up online or head over and have a look around.